Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Handcrafted Recycled Greeting Cards


Recycled Love Cards are a fantastic way to put your old greeting cards to good use. We all keep the 20 or so holiday cards you received or maybe last years birthday cards but, do we really ever read them again? Well, maybe you do just before you toss them to make room for this years cards. Wouldn't it be great if instead of tossing them, you not only did your part and recycled but, you also saved your self some money on buying new cards for family and friends??? Well, why don't you? I take all the best parts of my old cards and I cut out the words or cute little pictures, some have ribbon attachments or flowers and I make them new! Just get yourself some standard card stock or blank cards and design away. Most blank cards that you buy at a craft supply store (which will come in tons of different colors) come with instructions on how to actually print on the card from your computer. This could give your cards a more professional look, rather than just writing "Happy Birthday, Feliz Navidad, Happy Halloween..." with a sharpie! Once you have chosen the theme of your card you can start picking through those old cards for the perfect pieces to add to your new card. There is only one rule to recycling cards, BE CREATIVE! Sometimes I just add some construction paper to an existing card to cover up the previous writing. Of course, I do it in a stylish way so that it doesn't look like I just reused and old card but, it can be effective. Everyone wants to do their part to recycle these days and making your own greeting cards is a great way to do that! If you have any questions about any of the information I shared with you today, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. Have fun and be crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment