Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hand Painted Glasswear


I really enjoy hand painting wine glasses and most all glasswear. I have found a great glass paint called Porcelaine 150, which you can find at most any craft suppy store. You can get it most any color, or save money and just get the primary colors to mix your own. I really like to mix my own colors, it gives me a lot more creative control for the item I'm painting. These paints are great because once you have finished with your design you can bake it in the oven at 300 for 30 minutes. The heat seals the paint to the glass and makes it dishwasher safe. There are other ceramic and glass paints available that do not require baking. These paints are sealed to the glass with a clear coat of paint but, be sure you DO NOT put these glasses in the dishwasher as the paint will likely chip off. Hand painting wine glasses or any other glassware is a great idea for personalized gifts and recycling old glasses can save money. You can be as elaborate or as simple as you want. You can add personal names, dates or funny phrasing. You can suit your gift to fit any occasion. Painting has also been proven to be a great stress reliever. I find it very soothing and calming after running around an office all day. Hand painting glass is a craft that can also make you money. Once you get the hang of painting glass you can post your glasses to sell on a website called Etsy.com. It's for all handmade crafts and vintage items. You can also get great ideas of things to craft from that site. So, hand painting glassware is not just fun and creative but, it can also bring in some money and who doesn't need some extra income these days? If you have any questions about any of the information I shared with you today, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. Good Luck and happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. wow, this is amazing! I truly can't wait to try this. Thank you so much for this idea! I will follow closely!

    ReplyDelete